Instructor: Jennifer Wickham
Community: Ages 8-10, Counseling Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: October 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – Hoberman sphere breathing … as you breathe notice how you breathe. What parts of your body are still? What parts are not? Can you still the body parts that are moving? I am being still like a……?
- Pulse Count – find your pulse, feel the beat of your heart drum… listen to your drum for 15 seconds… notice the STILLNESS between each drum beat.
- Yoga Poses – Choose a leader to demonstrate:
- Tree pose (right)
- Eagle (Left)
- Tree pose (Left)
- Eagle (Right)-forward bend
- Downward dog to Mountain
- Archetype Game – and discussion.
- Belly Breathing – Lay on back…3-10 belly breaths.
- Guided Relaxation – students choice.