Instructor: Renee Miller
Community: Ages 6-9, Classroom Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: August 18, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Academic/Therapeutic/Other Goals: To practice and strengthen our ability to come to stillness and quiet the minds
Props/Music Resources Required: Hoberman sphere, Mindful Moment card, CD/CD Player, Ready…Set…R.E.L.A.X
- Belly Breathing – Student led Belly Breathing with Hoberman Sphere: Student chooses a number between 5 and 10.
- Mindful Moment Card – imagine a puppy or small kitten crawls into your lap and falls asleep… Sit in stillness for 30 seconds.
- Mountain to Mountain Flow – Close your eyes and imagine a strong mountain. It had been raining but now the rain has stopped and there is a beautiful rainbow arched over the mountain. Stand very still and see if you can see all the colors of the rainbow. Stand very still in Warrior I and think of someone who is strong for you then think of someone who you want to be strong for.
- Student Led Tree Pose Challenge – Students choose a number between 1 and 5 focusing and staying very still in Tree Pose.
- Relaxation – Ready..Set..R.E.L.A.X guided relaxation story “I am calm and relaxed”.