Instructor: Dawn Blankenship
Community: Ages 6-8, Boys Group, School Setting?, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: October 20, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Deep Breathing – with the breathing ball, taking turns.
- Questions – When is it a good time to be still? When is it difficult to be still? What helps you be still? What does it feel like to be still?
- Music – Anjali CD playing—can you hear the music—does it help you feel calm?
- Volcano Breath – send your heart thoughts to someone your care about or who needs some positive thoughts.
- Child’s Pose – place your forehead on your fists on the ground. Relax your body as you inhale and exhale. Feel the quiet come of your body.
- Cat/Cow – feel your body relax as you move gently between these two positions.
- Downward Dog – notice your body as it becomes stable and calm for several breaths.
- Child’s Pose – settle back on the floor and rest your head on your palms once again.
- Tree Pose – stand with your feet rooted to the ground and slowly take your left leg up and place it on your right leg, either on your thigh, shin or ankle. Take a deep breath and bring your hands to your hear and gaze forward. Stay in the pose for 5 counts. Notice your body in stillness as you focus your gaze.
- Deep Breathing – notice how your body feels. Do you feel calm after the movements and deep breaths?