Instructor: Jeanne Fritz
Community: Ages 6-12, Setting?, 30-45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 1, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Academic/Therapeutic/Other Goals: Participants feel safe with stillness; experience stillness
Props/Music Resources Required: nature music, CD player, Hoberman Sphere, chair
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere: 10 breaths. Close your eyes and listen to the stillness for 30 seconds
- Pulse Count – Feel your pulse. Sit quietly and listen to your heart. What does it say today?
- Chair Flow 15 Routine – Mountain to Mountain – Focus on strength and stillness in poses; Mountain, upward Mountain, forward bend, lunge R leg back, upper lunge, chair dog, lunge L leg back, upward lunge, forward bend, chair, upward mountain, mountain, center
- Chime – Listen to end of sound
- Guided Relaxation – You are outside and it is snowing, mutes sounds, what sounds do you hear? Nothing is moving. How does it feel/smell/sound?