Instructor: Jeanne Fritz
Community: Ages 6-12, Setting?, 45-60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 1, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Academic/Therapeutic/Other Goals: “isolation / lean on me”
Props/Music Resources Required: yoga mats, music, CD player, Hoberman Sphere, invitations, markers
- Belly Breathing – One student leading with Hoberman Sphere and another county off a selected number of breaths. Compliment each other.
- Roots – With body activated (4 points of foot) and eyes closed, circle right and left. Notice how your feet help you to balance. What are you circling around?
- Tree Prep – Now imagine one of your fam ily members or friends holding your right food steadily to the ground. See if you can slowly lift your other foot off the floor. Switch sides.
- Tree Circle – Notice how your friends help to support you
- Tree – Now by yourself, feel that support as you come into Tree pose by yourself.
- Social Emotional Activity – The Complete Meal pg. 86. Plan a meal; write invitations to people to join you
- Stretch – point toes/arms up
- Twist – Hug knees to chest
- Relaxation – Remember a time with a friend. Roll to right; up