Instructor: Ryanne Truh
Community: Ages 5-17, Pediatric Inpatient Mental Health Setting, 30-60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere – Using the Hoberman sphere, mimic your breath to the inhales and exhales of the sphere.
- Mindful Moment Card – Imagine yourself in a peaceful setting. Now think of the people in your life who support you. Picture all of those people creating a protective circle around you. Who are they? How do they support you?
- Personal Space Activity – This will help to identify your own personal space while teaching relationships between personal space and feeling states. This activity will also improve nonverbal communication.
- Community Circle – Thinking back to the beginning of class, who is in your support system?
- Volcano Breath – In a seated position, bring hands together at your heart. With an inhale slowly bring your hands up and over your head.