Instructor: Kimberly Willson-St. Clair
Community: Ages 3-4, Child Development Center, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: October 22, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Introducing compliments as ground rule for classes. We will build in class time for compliments. Set expectations regarding the theater space. The space is for yoga not theater or music.
- Star Pose – Start in star pose and give directions for the first Activate activity.
- Warrior I – Teach Warrior I for Activate.
- Activate / Relax Walk – Activate in Warrior I / Relax walk / Activate in Warrior I…..
- Strong Voice
- Belly Breaths – with the Hoberman ball – See who wants to lead after I lead a few times. Everyone can teach this activity if they want to. Student stands on the teacher mat and leads activity.
- Forward Bend – feet apart—bend at hip crease –bend knees if not touching floor…hands on hips and bend knees to rise up to Mountain Pose.
- Mountain Pose
- Child’s Pose – Bear breathing in child’s pose or resting pose lying down with head resting on hands….
- Relaxation – seated guided meditation on the star Mexican blanket that the students prepare for sitting…. about peaceful warriors who take a walk together by the ocean on a sunny day.
- Compliments and Thank you!