Instructor: Anya Patton
Community: Ages 17-19, Adolescent Special Ed. Vocational Group Training, 50-60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 18, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Academic/Therapeutic/Other Goals: Tuning in, Mindfulness
Props/Music Resources required: Drum, calm voice worksheet, music/ipod, script for body scan
- Belly Breathing with Drum – Can I have a volunteer to hold our steady, stable beat with the drum. Think of the beat as helping to quiet your mind, heart and allow your body to just be still.
- Read aloud Calm Voice Activity – now close your eyes I am going to read aloud a few questions that we will come back.
- Volcano Breath – Sitting up upright and still, move your hands to your heart, and begin to imagine a blue bird day sky. As you breath in, move your hands towards this sky, and spread your arms open to greet this new day. The blue sky is so still giving you a moment to breathe.
- Mat 20 – Continue to weave in images of stillness and calm into the poses.
- Calm Voice Worksheets – Bring out Calm Voice worksheet and work quietly to write down question. I will read questions aloud again. We will share some of our answers in a few minutes.
- Relaxation – Body Scan for guided relaxation, allow for extra time to finish body scan with soothing music.