Instructor: Tida Chambers
Community: Classroom Setting??, Ages 15-16
Plan Creation Date: October 7, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing with Hoberman sphere – 10 breaths-explained how conscious breathing helps to calm the monkey mind, using visual of sphere to see lungs expanding and contracting, fully oxygenating the body, and calming mind
- Trust Walk – (have room set up with some objects to explore via touch)Upon demonstrating with one student, separate room in half. 1 side eyes closed, other side will pick someone they don’t know well, a surprise, after 5 minutes, have them guess, and then switch
- Shoulder Clock – partner students according to height,
- Partner Pull – Standing directly across from eachother, stand with feet hip wide apart, grab hand-wrist opposite arms, and then start to gently pull the right hip back, breath into ribs, and right side, come up together do other side.
- Arm Swings – Inhale arms up from side, exhale arms back to sides, move arms with breath, see if you can move,like a bird flying in slow motion.
- Tree – Balance and focus attention on body activated, and strong.
- Tree Challenge – try to maintain eye contact.
- Tree Circle – hands touching, drop hands, where is the support?
- Calm Voice – Students lie down, guide them to relax every part of their body- head to toes, then read them questions from Calm Voice Worksheet
- Discuss – student’s experiences