Instructor: Cori Levin
Community: Ages 13-18, Hospital Setting, 45-60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: February 9, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
Props: Music, chime, Hoberman ball, rock from nature
- Chime – ring chime, students lift thumb when sound complete share how this brings down the energy and mood in room.
- Introduce myself – show my rock as a focal point to help ground our group.
- Belly Breathing – Ask for volunteer with Hoberman ball. One person counts and other handles ball. 5-7 breaths (STAND while doing this exercise) allow yourself to feel your ground.
- Roots – feel the roots beneath you in the earth
- Chair 15
- Partner Pose – Pair up with one partner choose a pose to ground together (tree, dancer) strong foundation grounds us.
- Forward Bend – Flow to a forward bend – cooling pose.
- Twist – Lay on back for a twist
- Child’s Pose/Relaxation – Finish in childs pose or laying on belly. Ask group to think about bringing things into their lives that ground them (nature, healthy foods, reading). Play sounds from nature on playlist.