Instructor: Julie Patton
Community: 7th Grade Health Class, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Pulse Check
- Volcano Breathing — use your strength as a volcano—slowly explode as you exhale.
- Mountain Pose — What makes a mountain strong? Feel the strength and stability of a mountain inside.
- Chair Pose — use the strength of your legs to hold the four corners of your feet to the ground.
- Warrior I
- Plank — breath into your back, strengthen your core.
- Side Plank — heart to sky and reach arm out straight to the side. Use your inner core to support you, use your core strength.
- Tree Pose — ground through your foot. Strong core, activate your muscles.
- Partner Tree Pose
- Wood Chopper — strong arms, legs and body. Strong heart.
- Child’s Pose
- Volcano Breathing — notice how you can be strong inside and out.
- Relaxation — “Going Places” from Ready, Set, Relax. Focus is on the strength we both internally in spirit but also externally in our physical experiences.