Instructor: Julie Patton
Community: 7th Grade Health Class, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Pule Count – 15 second pulse
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Ball—breathing as a community.
- Partner Pull — working together
- Shoulder Clock — connection/working together
- Tree Pose
- Tree Circle — how does doing this as group or community differ from doing this along?
- Tree Pose — now do it again alone but feel the support of others as you come into this pose.
- Community Circle — lay down and close your eyes and think of people in your community that you see every day, once in a while, those who help you daily.
- Community Circle Worksheet
- Relaxation — visualize those people in your inner circle. How do they help you? What kind of feeling do you get when you think of your community? Read the book “On The Day You Were Born.”