Instructor: Julie Geyen
Community: 7-12 year olds, yoga studio or after school program, 30-45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: July 1, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
Props/Music/Resources required: Music, CD player, Happiness Recipe worksheets, Mindful Moment Cards, pens, Ready…Set… R.E.L.A.X.
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere for 12 breaths
- Belly Breathing – Student leads with Hoberman Sphere and another counts the appropriate number of breaths
- Read a Mindful Moment Card – Listening – “Take a moment to listen to your body. What is it feeling right now? Is it trying to tell you something? Is it peaceful and content?” Students can share.
- Volcano Breath – Seated – Send heart thoughts out to things that make you happy
- Child Pose
- Back Breathing
- Mat Flow 20 – Mountain to Mountain
- Twist – Lie on your back with arms out to the side. Breathe deeply and close your eyes, listen to your heart and what it might be telling you.
- Happiness Recipe Activity – Listen to your heart as you complete the worksheet
- Relaxation – Read “Listen” from Ready…Set… R.E.L.A.X.