Population/Setting/Length: Young Adult Ages, Taiko Class Warm-up, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: 5/6/17
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – standing/Hoberman. Model, then have students lead/count.
- One-Minute Exploration – Think about a time when you were part of a group or team. What does it feel like to have the support of other members? What are the benefits of working together rather than alone? What are some ways that teamwork is important to taiko?
- Empty Sleeves
- Arm Swings
- Volcano Breath
- Yoga Flow x 2 – Mountain/Upward/Crescent, Forward Bend, Lunge/Warrior 1, Downward Dog, Plank, Alternate Arms/Legs, Downward Dog, Lunge/Warrior I, Forward Bend, Chair, Upward/Mountain
- Tree/Tree Circle with UFO ball/Tree Challenge – distract with instruments!
- Partner Pull
- Shoulder Clock
- Volcano Breath with Heart Thoughts – Model Volcano Breath, and then Heart Thoughts. Student then leads. Add Heart Thoughts.
- Floor Twist – Lie on floor, knees to chest, drop to one side with arms extended. Look over opposite shoulder. Take a few belly breaths in this pose.
- Relaxation with One Minute Exploration – Take a few breaths to clear mind and relax. Think about ways you have contributed to the class. What did you see others doing?
Instructor: Holly Cluff