Instructor: Sarah Whiting
Community: School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Belly Breathing – Breath work – Teacher leads 10 breaths with the breathing ball.
- Stillness – Challenge students to 45 seconds of stillness.
- Discussion – Lead a discussion about the students’ upcoming MCA test. Why is this test important? What strategies do you use to help you perform well on a test?
- Mountain Pose – Just as the mountain is strong in nature, your physical strength is undeniable. Notice your physical strength throughout your entire body in this moment. Similarly, your mental strength is unwavering. You have been learning all year and you are prepared for this test.
- High Mountain – As students’ hands reach high, tell them that the sky is the limit for them today with their MCA test.
- Roots – Feel yourself strongly rooted into the ground. Distractions will come as you complete your test, but you are strongly rooted into the ground and you will overcome the distractions and you will remain focused on your test.
- One-Minute Exploration – Lead students through the events of their test: You walk into class, breathe, positive self-talk. When you hit challenges, breathe, accept the challenge, positive self-talk. When an answer comes easy to you, notice that positive event for a moment before moving on to the next question. Take your time. Check over your answers. Do your best. Be proud of yourself because you did your best.