Instructor: Sarah Whiting
Community: School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – Breath work – Teacher leads 10 breaths with the breathing ball.
- Stillness – Challenge students to 30 seconds of stillness.
- Happiness Recipe – Give students time to complete the worksheet.
- Partner Pull – As students participate in the partner pull activity, they can share two things from their happiness recipe with their partner. Have students high-five and say “Thanks for sharing!” as they finish.
- Shoulder Clock – Students should choose a different partner. As students participate in the shoulder clock activity, they can share two things from their happiness recipe with their partner. Have students high-five and say “Thanks for sharing!” as they finish.
- One-Minute Relaxation – Ask students to think of the day they have ahead of them. Think of one thing they have planned that they are looking forward to and that they expect will bring them feelings of happiness. Honor the reality that this may be difficult for some students. Offer students ways to create small amounts of happiness today (examples may include: listening to their favorite music, requesting their favorite meal for dinner, going for a walk, talking to a friend).