Instructor: Katie Kurmis
Community: School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Theme: I can calm myself
- Hoberman Sphere Breathing – Make the exhale gradually longer. Focus on the stillness of the breath.
- Ask students to think back on a time when they experienced stillness. Where were you? What place makes you feel calm and still? How did you feel? Share these responses.
- Roots – feel the earth ground you, make you still.
- Tree Pose – alone, then in pairs.
- Forward Bend – hands on head.
- Belly Breathing – Calm yourself with deep breathing, feeling rooted, and a sense of community.