Instructor: Katie Kurmis
Community: School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – with one student leading with Hoberman sphere and another counting off a selected number of breaths.
- Chime – let one student lead with ringing the chime, other students close eyes and place a thumbs up when there is no more sound.
- Roots – Notice how your feet help you balance. Think of a time when friends and family helped you feel supported. What did they do?
- Tree – imagine friends or family holding your right foot to the ground, can you slowly lift your other foot off the floor?
- Tree Circle – having support makes you stronger.
- Reflect – ways that you have been supported, and ways you have supported others.