Instructor: Kristin Wittmayer
Community: School Ages (child who has accomplished stillness and grounding as a fair amount of attention is required for this lesson plan), 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 22, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Belly Breathing – In prone position with head rested on hands (stacked fists), breathe in to drum count of 4 and out to the count of 4. Repeat 8-10 times.
- Yoga-Based Movement – With eyes open, transition from prone to child’s pose→ table→ cat/cow combination x 3-4 reps→ alternate arm/leg kicks x 2-3 reps→ down dog. From here, close eyes and repeat the above x 2 more sequences. Then, from down dog, transition to forward fold→ mountain.
- Partner Sensory Walk/Adventure
- Sharing – Process what was heard and how it felt with movement with eyes open/closed as well as during sensory walk with eyes closed.
- Relaxation – Guided Imagery – supine on mat.