Instructor: Michelle Olson
Community: Preschool Ages, Setting?, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 11, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere: Have a student lead with Hoberman and another choosing the number of breaths.
- Pinwheel Breath – with slow and steady, with music. See how slowly you can spin the pinwheel.
- Forward Bend – Imagine your back, head and arms flowing downward like a waterfall.
- Roots Pose – all four corners of the feet. Feel yourself being centered and grounded to the Earth.
- Dancer – Modified Pose – ”I am strong and I am in charge” Switch sides. Talk about focal points.
- Mountain pose – Activate your body, hands at heart. Feel your feet rooted to the ground. Show images of famous mountains. How would it feel to be Mount Everest? How would it feel to be Mount Hood? Show map and talk about the Cascades, Mount Hood and how strong they must be after being uplifted from the Earth over time.
- Downward Dog – Press through the four corners of the hands and feet. Heel pumps for added stretch. Inhale to lift, exhale to lower.
- Volcano Breath – seated. “heart thoughts to someone or something you love very much.
- Relax – Ask students to lie on mat with their eyes closed and be very still.
- Mindful Moment Card – Read Mindful Moment card on Stillness.