Instructor: Kim Buller
Community: Preschool Ages, Community Group, Setting?, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 18, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Belly Breathing – Use Hoberman Sphere to help children visualize their inhale and exhale as their breathing slows down. Ask for a volunteer to lead after demonstrating. Have other participants give compliments.
- Mindful Moment Card – “Imagine a tunnel that goes deep into the ground. Travel that tunnel into a small cozy room deep inside the earth. What is in the room? Who is there? Notice how it feels to be inside this room.” Give time to share.
- Mountain – Feel grounded into your mat. Feel strength coming up from your feet through the top of your head.
- Elephant Stomp (to drum beat) – Feel energy moving through your bodies into the earth.
- Rock and Roll/Boat – Feel your body connecting with the mat/earth as you roll. Practice stillness during boat pose.
- Block Creek – Use support from a partner to practice walking across the creek and feel yourself grounded into each block as you make your way across. Practice going slow and steady. Try independently if desired.
- Star/Star Galaxy – Feel the activation in your body as you are grounded into your mat and reaching for each wall. Form a circle and focus on experience of feeling grounded together.
- Back Drawing – Stay in a circle, but sit down facing the person in front of you. Lead through story and talk about the experience being calming and centering.
- Child Pose/Back Breathing – Focus on grounding coming from within and from support of other person’s touch.
- Relaxation – Read On the Night You Were Born. Feel your body melt into the mat.