Instructor: Elizabeth Sullivan
Community: Preschool Ages 3-6, approx. 20 children, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: February 27, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Materials: Mats, Parent Handouts, Tingshas, Hoberman Sphere, Chime, Mindful Snack
Set rules (stay on mat, raise hand to talk so that we can hear our friends and teachers, can take a break sitting on mat quietly, say I can do it, be kind and respectful to self and others)
Mat Tag – establish feeling of Active vs. Calm in body
- Breathing Ball
- Hello Sun – Upward Reaching Pose, Waterfall, Down Dog, Crocodile, Cobra, Down Dog, Waterfall, Upward Reaching Pose
- Trip to the Zoo! – Active Poses – Waterfall, Gorilla, Camel, Lion, Butterfly
- Calm Poses – Flamingo, Boat, Turtle, Polar Bear – teach this to family!
- Guided Meditation – A Summer’s Day
- Mindful Snack – Sun, water and the soil creates our food! And special friends take care of it to help it grow! Let’s give thanks for all that goes into our snack!