Instructor: Nicole Amuzu
Plan Creation Date: May 30, 2011
Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Belly Breathing: Lie on your back feeling the weight of your body on the floor like a big rock sinking into the ground. With one hand on your heart and one hand on your belly, breathe from the belly hand to the heart hand like the movement of the waves in the ocean. The ocean current is strong so feel how strong your breath is.
- Warrior I: As you move into Warrior I, activate all of your limbs and feel your strength. Make sure to tuck your belly in so you can strengthen your core. Relax your shoulders and feel strong like no one can knock you down.
- Warrior II: From Warrior I, move into Warrior II still keeping your belly tucked and your shoulders relaxed. Stay in this pose for a moment and focus on your activated limbs. Feel the strength in your body like a strong warrior who fight for what s/he believes.
- Star Pose: From Warrior II, turn your bodies keeping them strong, and move into Star Pose and really activate those fingers. Ground your body and strengthen yourself inside and out like a shining star does in the sky.
- Wood Chopper: Standing with your legs hip-width apart, take your arms over your head and pretend like you’re holding an ax. With your strong activated arms swing your ax through your legs, chopping the wood below as hard as you can, making a loud “Huh!” sound at the same time.
- Archetype Game: Play the Archetype Game and feature characters that are strong, prince and princess, monster, warrior, Ninja, President, Bear, etc. Talk about different kinds of strength with the students. What’s the difference between the strength of a princess and the strength of a monster?
- One-Minute Exploration: Think of a time when you had to be strong. Who were you strong for? Why did you have to be strong?