Instructor: Nicole Amuzu
Plan Creation Date: May 30, 2011
Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Belly Breathing: (With Hoberman Sphere) Listen to the rhythm of our breath as we do 10 counts with the sphere. Imagine your breath as the waves of the ocean and listen to them move in and out.
- Pinwheel Breath: Practice spinning the pinwheel with your breath for as long as you can before taking your next breath. As I play music, listen for the rhythm in the song and move your body to that rhythm.
- Volcano Breath: As we do Volcano Breath, listen to your body as you breathe and pause between breaths. Listen for the cues to move your arms into the pose and make your body strong like a gushing powerful erupting volcano.
- Roots: With your body activated, your feet grounded and your eyes closed, circle your body right and left like a spiral. Listen to your body and what it’s telling you to do. What are you circling around? Share responses with the class and listen for the different answers.
- Sun Salutation: With a drum we’ll focus on the rhythm of the beats and flow to that rhythm.
- Yes/No Game: During the Yes/No Game, listen for the cues that are given to find the hidden object in the room. Listen for the positive and negative reinforcement given while looking for the object. Is it easier to find the object when you’re being told no or yes?
- Do you have a special place in nature or at your home? Imagine yourself there and listen to all the sounds that you hear. Are they quiet? Loud? Do you hear any thing? What does silence sound like to you?