Instructor: Marina Edlund
Community: Pre-K and Kindergarten ages, Home Setting, 25-35 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 18, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Props/Music Resources Required: Music & CD player, Chime, Hoberman Sphere, Yoga Mat, Qtips, Play Dough, Paper, Crayons
- Chime – Ring chime and ask students to raise their hands when they no longer hear the chime.
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere: 10 breaths – Close your eyes and notice how calm and still the room is.
- Pulse Count – with Q-tip and PlayDough – find your pulse, see how it shows the beat of your heart
- Happiness Recipe – Talk through the Happiness Worksheet together. Draw a picture to show your answers.
- Warrior I – Feel the four corners of your feet rooted firmly on your mat. Reach your arms high and pretend to send laser beams from your belly out through your fingers.
- Chime – Ring chime and ask students to raise their hands when they no longer hear the chime
- Guided Relaxation – Boat Ride (Pg. 136 of Yoga Calm) – adapted for this age level