Instructor: Marina Edlund
Community: Pre-K and Kindergarten ages, Home Setting, 25-35 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 18, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
Props/Music Resources Required: Music & CD player, Chime, Hoberman Sphere, Yoga Mat, Yoga Blocks
- Chime – Ring chime and ask students to raise their hands when they no longer hear the chime
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere: 10 breaths – Invite one child to lead the breathing. Ask the other students to give the leader a compliment. Close your eyes and notice how calm and still the room. Close your eyes and listen to the stillness for 30 seconds.
- Rock and Roll – Pretend you are hugging a large ball as you roll from side to side
- Block Creek
- Cat/Cow – Pretend you are a cat or a cow, crossing a rolling river and can only cross by stepping on the blocks, so you don’t get wet – Now that you’ve safely crossed the river, let’s stretch out on our mats, pretending they are a warm, sandy beach – Breathe out and round your back up like a cat – Breathe in and drop your belly like a cow’s
- Child’s Pose
- Relaxation – Rolling Waves (Pgs. 74-75 of Ready, Set, R.E.L.A.X.