Instructor: Jaclyn Semlak
Community: Pre-K – 1st Grade
Plan Creation Date: February 27, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength – Standing up for ourselves and others
Materials: music and cd player, hoberman sphere, chime
- Read Don’t Laugh at Me
- Was there ever a time you were teased?
- How did that make you feel?
- Share out
- What can you do when someone isn’t very nice to you?
- Partner share and then share out
- Today we will learn how our body looks when we are standing up to someone.
- Harassment Prevention – p. 117
- What does your body look like when you are strong?
- Stand up, roots, mountain
- Woodchopper – p. 100
- Archetype Game – p. 105
- Use animals and descriptions (ie proud lion, sneaky snake, shy mouse, strong elephant)
- Superman and popcorn – (lay on back and tuck knees into chest land head into knees, ike a tiny kernel and then pop to release legs and arms out) Repeat several times
- Breath work – with hoberman sphere led by child