Instructor: Jaclyn Semlak
Community: Pre-K – 1st Grade
Plan Creation Date: February 27, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
Materials needed: cd player and various types of music (loud, soft, drumming, piano, etc.), pinwheels, hoberman sphere, chime, Harry WiggleBottom Learns to Listen
- Gather in a circle and ring chime.
- Really listen to when you can’t hear the chime anymore
- What do you hear when the chime is finished?
- Breathing – with hoberman sphere led by student
- Activate/Relax Walk – p. 58
- Mat flow – (in tree tell students, Listen to your breath, now try it with pinwheels—what do you hear? Does the pinwheel help you stay balanced?)
- 2nd time through – do eagle in place of tree
- Forward Fold – gorilla pose
- Eagle – other side
- Pulse Count – p. 83
- Personal Space – p. 121
- How do we listen to each other by looking at body language?
- Child’s pose
- Listen to your breath. – Think about how we had to listen with our ears and our eyes today. How will you do that when it’s time for you to listen?
- Come to sit and share out – transition to story
- Harry Wigglebottom Learns to Listen