Instructor: Jaclyn Semlak
Community: Pre-K – 1st Grade
Plan Creation Date: February 27, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Materials: Music and cd player, hoberman sphere, chime, paper and crayons, chart paper
- Gather in circle spots and ring chime
- 6 breaths – with hoberman sphere led by child
- Greeting Good Morning _______around the circle
- We are a community of learners. What does that mean?
- 3 student responses
- 3 volcano breaths
- How can we support each other in this classroom?
- Roots to Mountain
- Modified mat flow (no mats)—Mountain through tree
- Tree – on own each side
- Partner tree
- How does it feel to be supported by a classmate?
- Upward mountain, fold, rise up
- Community Tree
- What do we do to hold each other up in this circle?
- Do we fall sometimes? What do we say to each other when we fall?
- Child’s pose
- In a community sometimes we work together and sometimes we need space to ourselves.
- Rise up to sitting – What are you going to do to help the other kids in this learning community?
- Share out/Brainstorm
- Back to seats – to draw picture of what they will do as a member of this community of learners.