Instructor: Donna Fischer
Community: Middle School Counseling Group
Plan Creation Date: June 30, 2012
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Belly Breathing: Teacher shows group with Hoberman sphere
- Belly Breathing: Student demonstrates and picks the count for the class with the Hoberman sphere
- Other student completes the count to help the leader
- Compliments for the leader and counter
- Pulse count: Lie on back
- Volcano Breath: Listen to our breath as we breathe in, hold and release it.
- Back Drawing in circle: Listen to the sounds outdoors. Make it rain (harder, softer); thunder (louder, softer); draw clouds and a sun. Draw a bird, make it fly…
- Back Breathing: With partner. Listening includes listening to others as well as to yourself, and taking the time to understand what we are hearing.
- Volcano Breath: Listen to our breath as we hold and release it.
- Sun Salutation: (2x) Include Mountain, Upward Mountain, Forward Bend, Bent Knee Lunge, Downward Dog, Plank, Cobra, Downward Dog, Bent Knee Lunge, Forward Bend, Chair. Focus on listening to our bodies as well as to the instructor; focus on the physical feelings associated with each pose, as well as listen to the emotions coming up during the activities.
- Child Pose
- Come to floor and lie on back: Completely calm for 30 seconds
- Pulse count
- Calm Voice Activity