Instructor: Donna Fischer
Community: Middle School Counseling Group
Plan Creation Date: July 6, 2012
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing: Student demonstrates and picks the count for the class with the Hoberman sphere
- Other student completes the count to help the leader
- Pulse Count: Lie on back
- Back Breathing: Feel the strength of the person your hands are resting on; let that strength flow from to one another.
- Partner Pull: Cooperate with and use the strength of your partner to stretch and feel your muscles working.
- Sun Salutation: (2x) Include Mountain, Upward Mountain, Forward Bend, Bent Knee Lunge, Downward Dog, Plank, Cobra, Downward Dog, lJent Knee Lunge, Forward Bend, Chair. Focus on listening to our bodies as well as to the instructor; focus on the physical feelings associated with each pose as well as listen to the emotions coming up during the activities.
- Tree pose: Without partner
- Tree Pose: With partner; feel the storm coming and feel the wind blow through the branches. Explore the difference in the feelings with the support of others verses on your own.
- UFO Ball: Another cooperative activity to show how much we all need each other in life. Explore this with group.
- Come to floor and lie on back: Stay completely calm for 30 seconds
- Mindful Moment Card: Community; read and allow time to reflect
- Community Circle activity: Process activity