Population/Setting/Length: Middle School Ages, School Setting, 30 minutes
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Revisit Strong Voice Activity – read some of the questions to jog memories. What do you remember about your strong voice? Take a pose to act out that strong voice. What are situations in school and outside of school where a strong voice is needed?
- Belly Breathing – Come to floor, sitting with hands over heart. Take 3 deep belly breaths. What does your heart say today? Where do you need strength in your life? In this day? Send strength and courage to that part of your body/situation.
- Woodchopper – with “huh” noise – explain that this action, along with their “strong voice” helps them to find their personal power.
- Warrior I – “I can be strong even when I am afraid or confused”.
- Warrior II – “I can be strong even when I am afraid or confused”.
- Volcano Breath
- Relaxation – Mindful Moment card on Strength.
- Discussion – Ask for volunteers to share anything they noticed or a situation where they need strength.
Instructor: Erin Bartlett