Instructor: Tricia Pflipsen
Community: Middle School Ages, ASD/DCD, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 15, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Materials: Zenergy Chime, Yoga mats, music, Hoberman Sphere
*Start soft music at the beginning of lesson as students settle
- Zenergy Chime – Student leads w/chime and breathing; put thumb up at the end of the sound.
- Volcano Breath – Standing – Focus on breath, think about being in control, being calm.
- Yoga Flow – Go through sequence 3 times. Third time have a student leader:
- Mountain – Focus on being still. Focus on your body. Close your eyes, Imagine being a mountain. What do you feel as you are the moutain? Imagine you are the chair. What are you feeling? You are an eagle. What do you see? You are soaring through the sky with your wings stretched wide -what do you see? What do you feel?
- Upward Mountain
- Eagle/Eagle on Cliff
- Cat/Cow – Focus on the movement and being still in the moment when you are cat or cow. Hold each pose for 4 counts; deep inhale/exhale.
- Back Drawing – Rain storm- clouds, light/heavy rain, thunder, lightening, sunshine, rainbow and flowers. Secret message or gift to the person. Draw or whisper the message/gift.