Instructor: Tricia Pflipsen
Community: Middle School Ages, ASD/DCD, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 15, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
Materials: Zenergy Chime, Yoga mats, music, Hoberman Sphere
*Start soft music at the beginning of lesson; mats are in a circle.
- Zenergy Chime – Student leads w/chime and breathing; put thumb up at end of hearing the sound.
- Belly Breathing – seated on mat with Hoberman sphere – Focus on breath, imagine your lungs like a balloon (inflate/deflate)
- Floor Twist – Greet your neighbor with their name; recognize who they are and who you are next to. Good Morning __________. Listen to what they say.
- Forward Bend – Listen to what your body is telling you as you do the movements.
- Mountain – Is it telling you to be strong?
- Warrior I – Tell yourself you are strong. What does your voice tell you as you are the warrior?
- Warrior II – Are you confident? Tell yourself you are confident.
- One Minute Exploration – Students listen as you read out loud positive self Talk statements: I am strong. I am in control. I can do it. I can be responsible. Students reflect on how they can use the self-talk statements and be those things.
- Compliment Game – Then have one student go to center of circle. Students share a compliment on how the person demonstrates control, responsibility, strength and being able to “do it” Students take turns in the circle.