Instructor: Tricia Pflipsen
Community: Middle School Ages, ASD/DCD, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 15, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
Materials: Yoga mats; Music, Hoberman Sphere
*Start soft music at the beginning of lesson.
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere – Focus on breath, imagine your lungs like a balloon: inflate/deflate.
- Volcano Breath – seated – Heart thoughts – exhale and send positive thoughts to someone else in the group.
- Mountain – Gas pedal feet-heavy foot feel the strength of your legs press into the floor.
- Warrior I – Hold pose counting to 10, switch sides; find something to focus on.
- Warrior II – Hold pose, counting to 10. Do rising moon, switch sides.
- Woodchopper – Individual leads, visualize a piece of wood: “HAH”.
- Forward Bend – Inhale -Lift head & heart; exhale and lower back down 2x .
- Relaxation Breathing – 2-3 Minutes relaxing, listening to soft music.