Instructor: Tricia Pflipsen
Community: Middle School Ages, ASD/DCD, School Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 15, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Materials: Zenergy Chime, Yoga mats, Music
*Soft Music playing as students walk in and get settled.
- Belly Breathing – lay on mats – Focus on breath, imagine your lungs filling like a balloon (inflate/deflate); remove distractions…sending to the clouds.
- Pulse Count -feel heart beat – Notice the rhythm of your heart. Place hand over heart.
- Mountain/Upward Mountain – Gas pedal feet, heavy foot; feel the strength of your legs press into the floor; reach for the sky.
- Tree – Hold pose counting to 10, switch sides -finding something to focus on; kickstand for support. Some of us need support. Who supports you in this group? Who do you support in the group?
- Tree Challenge II – Working together as a team to support each other. Switch arm/leg; switch partners 2x.
- Group Sharing – Students/staff share how we help/support each other in the group.
- Floor Twist
- Relaxation -Breathing – 2-3 Minutes Relaxing; Listening to soft music.