Instructor: Bonnie Cannon
Community: Learning Center, Grades 3-5
Plan Creation Date: November 24, 2008
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Belly Breathing with Hoberman Sphere. Establish rhythm and then allow students to take turns.
- Continue to breathe following the rhythm of your classmates with the Hoberman sphere, three breaths each.
- Read story “The Listening Walk”, exploring all the sounds a father and son hear on a walk through their neighborhood.
- Close eyes and listen to the sounds in the room.
- Students share what they heard.
- Active/Relax Walk stopping to listen to the room while activated.
- Relaxation Script “Surprise Season” from Ready…Set…R.E.L.A.X.