Instructor: Carolyn Jordan
Community: Kindergarten, Classroom Setting?
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – Seated Belly Breathing with Hoberman Sphere: 10 breaths.
- Close your eyes and listen. Be very quiet; listen to all the sounds of our room.
- Cobra – Feel your snake body pressing against the floor, being so quiet that we can hear the sst of your tongue.
- Cat/cow – Breathe in feel the belly of the cow drop down. Breathe out and push your belly towards the sky like a cat
- Child’s pose – Be a little baby all snuggled in; breathe into your back.
- Downward Dog
- Walk hands up to feet. Then slowly roll up.
- Mountain -Be a beautiful strong mountain, close your eyes and feel the snow falling-peaceful
- Tree pose – Be a tall tree on that mountain. Let the wind blow through your branches. The wind stops; stand still and listen.
- Sit on your mats, close your eyes, be completely still.
- Relaxation – Imagine that you are sitting by a very still lake, looks like a mirror. Watch a momma dear and her baby come to the lake for a drink of water. You have to be very still to not scare them away. Watch them drink from the lake then slowly walk back into the woods.