Instructor: Tracy Cohen
Community: High School Special Education
Plan Creation Date: April 25, 2012
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Belly breathing: One to five minutes. Tune in to what is in your heart, body and mind.
- Volcano Breath: Go inside and focus on listening to your own calm voice.
- Rock and roll up to boat. What does your body say to you today? How long can you hold your boat?
- Boat: Listen to the voice of your inner strength.
- Mountain: Express the strong voice inside of you as we move through the strength portion of class.
- Sun salutation twice through; teacher leads the first one, student-volunteer for second, listening and being responsible to yourself as we move through each pose.
- Star: Feel your muscles activate while listening to your heart song.
- Warrior 1: Find the voice inside of you that will lead to health and happiness.
- Pulse count (come to a seated position): Listen to the rhythm of your heart.
- Rolling waves relaxation (Ready, Set, R.E.L.A.X.)