Population/Setting/Length: High School Ages, School Setting, 50 minutes
Plan Creation Date: 2/15/16
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Gtrength
- Belly Breathing
- One Minute Exploration – “Think of a time when you felt strong – physically, mentally, and emotionally. Did you prepare yourself or did your strength rise up? How did your body look? What did the voice in your head sound like?… If you cannot remember a time when you felt strong, think of a time when you noticed a friend or loved one in strength. ”
- Cobra – Roll over onto your belly, push up into cobra.
- Downward Dog – walk feet forward to forward bend.
- Mountain – Slowly stand to mountain.
- Woodchopper – Imagine the voice in your head when you felt strong. Use that voice for wood chopper.
- Yoga Flow – DD, lunge, W1, W2, Tr, lunge, plank repeat (4x) (Checking knee alignment). Notice how you feel in Warrior 1 and Warrior 2. How do you look? DD, walk feet forward to forward bend. Slowly stand to mountain. What do you think about when looking at a mountain? What words come to mind? (stable, strong, unwavering, huge….) Swan dive, plank, twist, rock and roll.
- Relaxation – Relax on your back. Tunnel vision p. 96/97 Relax.calm.
- Affirmations – I feel confident and strong. Good things lie ahead for me.
Instructor: Sarah Firkus
Goal: Focus on inner strength, a time when we felt strong.