Population/Setting/Length: High School Ages, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: 5/8/17
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Yoga Calm Top 10 with Past, Present, Future
- Seated Belly Breathing – Led by student using Hoberman Sphere. Student identifies number, teacher counts.
- Seated Pulse Count – Students take pulse and note number.
- Volcano Breaths – Standing, Led by student. Student selects number, teacher counts.
- Wood Chopper
- Crescent Moon
- Warrior II
- Past Present Future – with gems in each hand
- Volcano Breaths/Heart Thoughts
- Guided Relaxation – envision light passing through body from top to bottom, and in to ground. Deep into the earth…and a new world that is full of beauty and peace. There is a hole in which to drop all of your worries and jittery energy – place of safe keeping, but out of your way. Move back above the ground and feel the strength, stability and comfort of being on the earth…without the worry or anxiety. Feel the peace and tranquility in your body. Imagine feeling like that the next time you are…taking a test, or playing a sport, or feeling alone.
Instructor: Holly Cluff