Instructor: Rebecca Beese
Community: High School Ages, Adolescent Psychiatry Unit, 45-60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 19, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Chime – x2 – thumbs up when can’t hear.
- Belly Breathing – Have a student lead the breathing. Have others give a compliment to the leader.
- Questions – Try to think of all the people that have giving or shown you support. Now think of a particular person or time when you felt supported by someone else. What did they do to support you? How did that feel to receive support? Think of a time when you supported someone else.
- Arm Swings – feel support coming in.
- Volcano Breaths – send support back out.
- Mountain to Mountain – x3-4 – Syncing breath with group in down dog for 3 breaths.
- Tree – noticing how it feels to balance on your own.
- Partner Tree – noticing how it feels to be supported by someone else. Give compliments to one another.
- Circle Tree – noticing when you are giving support and when you are receiving support and how that subtly changes.
- Discuss the experience and inquire if people liked practicing tree one way better than another. Some days will be different – it is good just to notice.
- Partner Pull
- Knees to Chest
- Relaxation – Loving kindness meditation.
- Volcano Breath – End with a volcano breath.