Instructor: Julie Reyes
Community: Classroom Setting??, Ages??
Plan Creation Date: November 24, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – on back, practicing 30-60 seconds of stillness, spraying fairy dust
- Read a Mindful Moment card from Stillness – “Picture a clear mountain lake on a sunny day. You are sitting beside it with a friend. There’s not a ripple on the lake. What do you see? What do you hear?”
- Sitting up, one student leads the Hoberman Sphere while another student counts.
- First section of Mat 20 – leg stretch/foot circles, Rock & Roll, Boat 2x, Volcano breath
- Volcano Breath – with Heart Thoughts 3x, share Heart Thoughts if students are willing
- Sun Salutations – with student leader. While being very still in Mountain, imagine you’re standing at the top of a mountain feeling the sun warming you and a nice breeze cooling you at the same time.
- Eagle on a Rock – both legs
- Dancer Pose – holding still in the beautiful pose for 3 breaths, both legs
- Pinwheel Breath activity with variations (refer to page 81 in Yoga Calm for Children by Lynea Gillen, MS and Jim Gillen, RYT).
- Guide students to their backs for supine Spine Twist
- Belly Breathing – spraying fairy dust
- Read a relaxation story – Happy Landings (pg. 162-3 in Ready…Set…R.E.L.A.X by Jeffrey S. Allen, M.Ed. and Roger J. Klein, Psy.D.)