Instructor: Julie Reyes
Community: Classroom Setting??, Ages??
Plan Creation Date: November 24, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Stillness and Listening
- Pulse Count – for 30 seconds as soon as they come in for session
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere, teacher leading 5 breaths
- Pulse Count – for 30 seconds, noticing if your heart is beating slower. What does that tell you about breathing deeply?
- Leg stretch and foot circles – letting your upper body feel heavy and grounded into the Earth as your foot reaches up towards the sky.
- Rock and Roll – keeping your back grounded into the Earth as you pull your belly in.
- Boat – holding it like you have set your anchor
- Volcano Breath – drawing your breath up from the Earth and releasing it to the sky.
- Sun Salutations – with student leader
- Sun Salutations – silent with teacher leading. Have students focus on listening to their breath and their body as they flow through the poses.
- Pulse Count – to notice any changes after exercising.
- Back Drawing
- Back Breathing – have students practice listening to their partner’s breath and try to match their breath with his/hers
- Guide students to their backs for Belly Breathing, spraying fairy dust.
- Read a Mindful Moment card from Listening – “Notice what you are thinking about right now. Now notice how these thoughts make you feel. Can you change the channel in your mind and think different thoughts? Try changing the channel three times. Notice how the different thoughts make you feel.”