Instructor: Sarah Dutton
Community: Grades K – 5, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: July 5, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – Place your hands on your belly for 30 seconds and breath gently.
- Activate/Relax Walk – As you move around activate your muscles. Imagine them hugging your bones. Then try to relax the entire body as you walk.
- Warrior I – Try to use the strength in your body to hold the pose with confidence.
- Warrior II – When moving between poses stay strong and maintain balance.
- Side Angle – Reach gently over your head and breathe into the stretch. Listen to your body’s cues that it gives you.
- Warrior I – Switch to the other side.
- Warrior II
- Mountain Pose – Gently activate your muscles and lift your heart as you breath, remaining still and calm.
- Volcano Breath – Sit where they are and do a Volcano Breath – With this volcano breath we are going to draw out the exhale as long as possible.
- Calm Voice – Close eyes and deep breathe.
- Seated Twist – With each breath try to sink a little deeper into the stretch while maintaining a level of comfort.
- Relaxation – Place head down on stacked fists – One Minute Exploration with a Stillness card.