Instructor: Kay Koerber
Community: Grades K-5, School Setting
Plan Creation Date: January 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Listen to the Bell – Ring a bell have students give a thumbs up when they no longer hear the bell.
- Belly Breathing – Hoberman sphere Breathing (student lead).
- Mountain to Mountain sequence using the drum. Hold each position for 5 beats
MT, Up MT, forward fold, warrior, downward dog, plank, cobra, downward dog, warrior, forward fold, chair, up Mt, Mt.
- Social Emotional Activity:
- Compliment Circle – Give each student an opportunity to receive compliments for each person. Practice making eye contact – active listening.
- Personalized Relaxation – Have students write something that makes a soft sound: maybe the wind or the purring of a cat. Lead them on a listening journey of all the different sounds.