Population/Setting/Length: Grades K-5, School Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: 9/29/16
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Changing Channels – Students will shut their eyes and notice what they begin to think about, then we will practice changing the channels.
- Chime – ring chime, ask students to give me a thumbs up when they no longer hear it.
- Student Chime – have a student ring chime and rest of students give thumbs up when they can’t hear it anymore.
- Compliments – students give person ringing chime 3 compliments.
- Belly Breathing – with Hobberman Sphere – While sitting, students will put their hands on their bellies, breathe into their belly so their hands go up and down with break like waves in the ocean . Student Leader with Hobberman . Compliments.
- Volcano Breath – feet hip width part, palms at heart, slowly breath through nose while bringing the arms up, when arms are up pause breath, then exhale and slowly “explode volcano” (Send heart thoughts) .
- Cat/Cow – on all fours, breath out while rounding the back like a cat, breath in dropping belly like a cow .
- Downward Dog – while in this pose, lift legs, then walk to forward bend.
- Forward Bend – touch floor with fingers breath into back.
- Mountain – activate.
- Roots – sway back and forth *Tree- root yourself like a tree to earth, grow branches, sway, switch feet.
- Tree Challenge II – partner up, push hands together, switch sides .
- Tree Circle – push into hands for support, switch sides.
- Woodchopper – chop wood say “HA”.
- Belly Breathing – with Hobberman Sphere – While sitting, students will put their hands on their bellies, breathe into their belly so their hands go up and down with break like waves in the ocean.
- Changing Channels