Instructor: Cindy Happe
Community: Grades K-3 Summer Care Program (first class)
Plan Creation Date: July 2012
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Seated Belly Breathing with Hoberman sphere
- One-minute exploration: Imagine you’re sitting on the softest cloud you can imagine…what does that feel like, look like? Does it have a taste or smell?
- Introduce mindfulness bell to cue listening; remind of ground rules
- Teach mountain pose, Warrior II and Chair pose. Use bell to cue each.
- Activate/Relax Walk, alternating with above poses, cued by bell to reinforce “listening” externally, and then listening internally to our bodies as we find the pose
- Calm Voice
- Block Creek: Blocks are clouds in the sky, so moving slowly, softly, gently so you don’t fall from the sky; with positive encouragement from peers, listen to your own calm voice to guide you from cloud to cloud
- Seated Belly Breaths with hoberman sphere, moving to prone relaxtion using bell to cue. “Imagine you’re returning to your cloud now. Does it look the same, feel the same, etc? With each inhale, feel your belly and chest rise, and each exhale feel your back sink deeper into the cloud.