Instructor: Patsy Keech
Community: Grades 9 – 10, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 23, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Words: “Feelings are warning systems from the body”
- Have a student ring the bell of stillness – Close eyes and sit in stillness of the moment – “be where your feet are”.
- Belly Breathing – Ask a student leader to lead the breathing with the Hoberman Sphere. Appoint another student to be the counter.
- Pulse Check
- Partner Pull
- Tree Circle
- Tree Challenge
- Conflicting Feelings Activity.
- Discuss – What would life be like if we only listened to fear? Joy? How can listening to our emotions be helpful to us? What emotion are you most comfortable with? Least? Why
- Challenge for the day – what emotion do you need to listen to? What do you think it is trying to tell you.