Instructor: Cecilia Fowler
Community: Grades 6-8, Classroom Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 18, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Props/Music/Resources Required: Hoberman Sphere
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere – Feel your belly expand outward and then fall down under your hands. Feel the power of your breath at the core of your body, every time your belly rising, your breath spreading strength into your body.
- Volcano Breath – From your core, your heart strength rises up.
- Mountain – Standing tall, bend into your knees and with the strength of your legs rise up. Imagine a mountain, perhaps one you see outside everyday, perhaps one you’ve climbed, perhaps one you’ve seen in a picture or a movie. See the cliffs and the strength of the mountain sides, the top rising high.
- Chair 15 – With a focus on activating strength. Hold in lunge position for strength.
- Strong Voice
- Relaxation Story – Story about someone using a strong voice to help someone else, integrating elements of mountain scenes.